Friday, July 16, 2010




Yesterday I visited Temple's Library near Anderson Hall. My other group member and I went there with our Mentor, Chi. Once we arrived we were greeted by a supervisor who worked in the Library. She showed us around the place. I learned some history on Philadelphia that I never knew before. Like how back in 1943 there were over 1,300 Community Gardens in Philadelphia. I looked at maps of Philly from the 1900's and I even found my current hometown on the map. I went through some old pictures of the Reading Terminal. The pictures showed the people cleaning and cutting there meat. It also showed the big crowds of customers they received everyday. Back in those times (early 1800's and 1900's) Cigarettes use to be 45 cents a pack. Compared to how much they cost now, that was real cheap. I think that visiting that library benefited me a lot because I never knew too much history about Philadelphia.

No comments:

Post a Comment